Main Steps of the Process
Create an Account with Campus France Online and Submit an Application
- Apply on Etudes en France
- You will be assigned to the closet to you a France Consulate Office
- You will need to prepare documents for prior to the appointment day
- Your application will be verified and if everything is correct you will get approved to get an appointment with your local France Consulate Office.
Location of French Consulates in the US
Book an Appointment with your local France Consulate Office
- You need to do it online via their official website: via its official website.
- You will need to choose available time slot (they do it in the morning time only)
- The appointment has to take place no more than 90 days and no less than 2 weeks prior to the departure day to France.
- You have to attend the appointment in person.
Visa Interview at France Consulate Office
Documents Required to bring for the Interview:
- You will have to pay Visa Processing Fee prior to going to the Interview
- Original Documents (Passport, Letter of Acceptance from the University/School in France, Proof of Sufficient funds,Accommodation booking, Flight Tickets...etc).
- Photocopies of all Documents (very important)
Visa will be stamped and returned to you with your passport to the address provided.
- Or you will have to collect it in person (depends on the area)
- That will take at least 5-7 working days, but may take much longer
You might be required to register at the Migration Office in France
- depends on the length and type of your Programs